Sriwijaya Air Boeing 737-4YO PK-CJV just had a runway excursion upon landing at Pontianak Airport. Initial reports indicate all crew and passengers are save, and aircraft is "in one piece". Aircraft was doing SJ188 Jakarta-Pontianak (scheduled departure 1035LT, scheduled arrival 1200LT). Accident occured at around 1230 local time, extent of damage unknown at this stage. The crew have so far been identified as a local instructor captain and a foreign junior pilot undergoing line training, with a a local first officer acting as safety pilot.
|PK-CJV after evacuation at PNK|
Pontianak Airport is now closed as per the following NOTAM:
- B0726/12 NOTAMN
- Q) WIIF/QMRLC/IV/NBO/A/000/999/0008S10924E005
- A) WIOOB) 1206010600
- C) 1206011200
- E) RWY 15/33 CLSD DUE TO BLOCKED BY ACFT
- CREATED: 01 Jun 2012 06:01:00 SOURCE: WRRRYNYX
- (From http://www.notams.faa.gov)
Weather conditions at around 1230 local time is as follows:
WIOO 010530Z 23022KT 0600 FEW009CB BKN007 29/25 Q1008 RMK CB OVER THE FIELD
- Pontianak Supadio Airport, Date 1(June), 0530UTC.
- Wind: 230 at 22 knots
- Visibility: 600 metres
- Cloud: a few clouds at 900 feet with cumulonimbus
- Cloud: broken at 700 feet
- Temperature: 29 C
- Dewpoint: 25 C
- Humidity: 86%
- Pressure: 1008 hPa
- Remarks: Cumulonimbus over airfield
Weather conditions at around 1300 local time is as follows:
WIOO 010600Z 3000 TSRA FEW010CB BKN008 24/24 Q1007 RMK CB TO NE
- Pontianak Supadio Airport, Date 1(June), 0600UTC.
- Wind: No Information
- Visibility: 3000 metres
- Weather: thunderstorm with rain
- Cloud: a few clouds at 1000 feet with cumulonimbus
- Cloud: broken at 800 feet
- Temperature: 24 C
- Dewpoint: 24 C
- Humidity: 100%
- Pressure: 1007 hPa
- Remarks: Cumulonimbus to the northeast
Updated 0708UTC. Added Flight Number, Phase of Flight, Flight Schedule, Time of Accident.
Updated 0725UTC. Corrected minor details.
Updated 1355UTC. Crew composition update.